One woman's quest to remember her mother and find herself. I am who I am, in very large part, because I am my mother's daughter. But she never wrote down her stories like I wished she had. So, this is where I will tell my stories before it's too late.

Monday, September 12, 2005

This is My Favorite

This is my favorite picture of Mom. I don't care that it shows her tri-color, home-permed hair, big pores, yellow tooth or goofy glasses. In this picture I can see how much she loves me and that she's about to laugh. I can almost hear her voice, which to my horror, I'm starting to forget. She's probably about to say, "Ooh, you little Sugar Shit." But she doesn't mean it. She means I love you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the picture I remember from Dakar! :-) Thanks for keeping the stories alive, and for sharing them with the world.

7:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home