One woman's quest to remember her mother and find herself. I am who I am, in very large part, because I am my mother's daughter. But she never wrote down her stories like I wished she had. So, this is where I will tell my stories before it's too late.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Happy Father's Day (a bit late)

Here is a series of pictures of my dad and me over the years. In the first one I'm 1 1/2 and he's 31. The last one was taken just days after my mom died when she was 60. We didn't know it, but he would only live another four years to be 63 and this is one of the last pictures of just the two of us together. (Click on photos to enlarge.)



2 Comments:

Blogger el fantastico said...

what great pictures. i especially like the last one--such a good sense of comfort and being at peace in that one. thanks for images that will float around my mind.

12:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the second one. Little Karin looks so much like Grownup Karin!

8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home